⠀Giving the ketogenic diet a try? We’ve rounded up some of the best low-carb breakfast, dinner, and side dish recipes that are higher in fat than protein, which can help you follow a keto diet plan
If you’re beginning a ketogenic (or keto) diet, it’s important to understand how to build your meals so you eat a healthy balance of carbohydrates, fats, and protein. This beginner keto meal plan is your easy-start guide.
Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken
|Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken|
Ingredients for The Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- * 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast tenders
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- * 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
For The Sauce:
- * 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- * 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- * 3 oz jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 1 tablespoon of the oil for cooking)
- * 3/4 cup heavy or thickened cream
- * 1/4 cup chicken broth (more depending on thickness of sauce)
- * 3 cups spinach, chopped
- * 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- * 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
Instructions For The Creamy Tuscan Chicken
* Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
* Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
* Add the remaining olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute); then add in the sun-dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil into the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors.
* Reduce heat to low-medium heat; add the cream and chicken broth and bring to a simmer 4-5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to your taste.
* Add in the chopped spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer on low for another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts through the sauce.
* Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over zucchini noodles or steamed veggie.